Answered By: Signe Boudreau Last Updated: Jul 17, 2020 Views: 109
The short answer is "YES"!
Now that the Adele Hall Learning Commons has reopened, you can request a book through our catalog from any of the University Libraries.
Note: Follow the instruction in the link at the bottom for how to place a request from the catalog.
The book will be retrieved for you and made available for pickup in the Learning Commons. When the book is ready, you will receive an email that directs you to schedule a pickup time. Because the Learning Commons is currently open only to enrolled UNL students, faculty, and staff, the book retrieval service is also limited to that group.
- Learning Commons hours will be Mon-Fri from 8 am - 8 pm. (Check for updated hours.)
- You will not be able to come to the Learning Commons and request books for immediate pickup. Requests must be made ahead of time.
- Be aware of changes in policies and procedures for entering the Learning Commons and picking up materials. unl.libguides.com/welcomeback
- Electronic lending is still prioritized. Due to reduced staffing and limited access to library spaces, e-books are currently easier and more cost-effective to provide.
- If the Libraries owns both an electronic and a print copy of a book, you will be asked to use the electronic copy.
- Further, if an e-book version of a requested title is available via interlibrary loan, that will be delivered to you instead of our print copy.
- This service currently applies to materials from our own collection. Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests for books from other libraries are still limited to available digital editions and scanned book chapters.
We look forward to being able to reconnect you with our print collection when we can!
- But how do I then request a book through the catalog?? There's only a link to the catalog, once I find the book, how do I request it be retrieved? I don't see any buttons or links for me to do so.
- Consult this FAQ that describes the request process from the library catalog: https://libanswers.unl.edu/faq/317540