Answered By: Anna Wigtil Last Updated: Apr 07, 2020 Views: 389
There are several options for accessing journals and journal articles through the UNL Libraries.
Tips for searching:
- To fully access UNL's online journal collection off-campus, you need to be authenticated as a UNL user by going through the library website (using one of the options below) and logging in with your UNL credentials.
- Search by the journal title, not the article title.
- Use citation information (volume, issue, and page number) to find the articles you need. Some journals/publishers also let you search by article title or keyword.
- If you can't access a particular journal, volume, or article through UNL's collections, you can request articles through Delivery/Interlibrary Loan.
- To access articles directly from Google Scholar, set up your Google Account as described here.
OPTION 1: Use the Classic E-journal Finder page.
Go to http://lx3ph9lu4k.search.serialssolutions.com/ and search for a journal by title or ISSN. Your results should show the journal title with a list of coverage dates and the names of the sources you can use to access the journal full-text. Check the dates and click on the source that includes your article.
OPTION 2: Use the BrowZine website or app.
Use this direct link to UNL's BrowZine interface. (Or, go to https://browzine.com/ and select "University of Nebraska Lincoln" as your library.) Search by journal title or subject area. BrowZine only covers articles 2005-present, but you can see older articles by clicking "See All." Learn more about BrowZine here.
OPTION 3: Search from the Libraries Quick Search.
Go to https://libraries.unl.edu/ and search for the journal title (not the article title) in the Quick Search box. Find the catalog record that says "[electronic resource]."
Click on either the journal title or "Show Links to Fulltext" to see how you can access this journal online.
For example, this journal is available from both the publisher's website and an EBSCO database.
Click on the dates within each entry to access the journal through the UNL Libraries proxy server.
Please contact the UNL Libraries if you have trouble accessing journals off-campus. Make sure that you are logging in with the correct username/password and have cookies enabled in your browser.