Answered By: Anna Wigtil Last Updated: Nov 04, 2021 Views: 1716
There are several options for accessing journals and journal articles through the UNL Libraries.
Tips for searching:
- To fully access UNL's online journal collection off-campus, you need to be authenticated as a UNL user by going through the library website (using one of the options below) and logging in with your UNL credentials.
- Search by the journal title, not the article title.
- Use citation information (volume, issue, and page number) to find the articles you need. Some journals/publishers also let you search by article title or keyword.
- If you can't access a particular journal, volume, or article through UNL's collections, you can request articles through Interlibrary Loan.
- To access articles directly from Google Scholar, set up your Google Account as described here.
- If you find a paywalled article while searching for materials off-campus, you can try using our proxy bookmarklet or LibKey Nomad to see if we actually have access to it through our e-resource subscriptions.
OPTION 1: Use the Search Journals feature in the library catalog.
Go to the "Search Journals" page in the UNL Libraries catalog and search for a journal by title or ISSN. Click on the journal title and scroll down to "View Online / Full text availability" to see how you can access this journal online.
For example, this journal (Nature) is available from several EBSCO databases as well as the publisher's online platform.
Click on an entry to access the journal through the UNL Libraries proxy server.
OPTION 2: Use the BrowZine website or app.
Use this direct link to UNL's BrowZine interface. (Or, go to https://browzine.com/ and select "University of Nebraska Lincoln" as your library.) Search by journal title or subject area. BrowZine only covers articles 2005-present, but you can see older articles by clicking "See All." Learn more about BrowZine here.
Please contact the UNL Libraries if you have trouble accessing journals off-campus. Make sure that you are logging in with the correct username/password and have cookies enabled in your browser.